This is demo store. No orders will be fulfilled.
Our Story (Brand Story)
- iLeap of Faith
”The last of the human freedom is to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances.” -Victor Frankl-
- We can’t always choose our circumstances in life. We may not be able to change our job or location. Our situation may be difficult. But we can ”BE ALL THERE! As the Ecclesiastic saying goes, ” For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labour under the sun. Whatever your hands finds to do, do it with all your MIGHT, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom”.
- No one associates with the timeless adage better than Jimmy Fong, the founder who subscribes to the belief that ”Life is Short” and that one must be prepared for challenges ahead. ”I do not wish to live a life that will be taunted and haunted with ”what ifs”, ”if onlys ”, and ”I should’ves” that accompany the failure to be prepared. That’s the pain of regret that I did not want to have and that was how EpiCentre was born in 2002”.
- When Jimmy started EpiCentre, many were skeptical of this endeavour to set up an Apple Premium Reseller Store located in the prestigious orchard belt-The Wheelock. Doubts were raised about his business model and that the first flagstore will not survive more than six months. Nonetheless, Jimmy a Christian, has faith in God and in one self-quipped ” You have got to dare to believe in yourself...biblically Faith is the substance of things hoped for. You have got to choose a faith that makes you a ”Hope-a-holic”; a faith that inspire a healthy optimism; a faith that makes you proud of being all you can be”.
- The Apple Centre at Wheelock as it was originally called was a product of this faith. Jimmy was one of the seven employees who swept the floor, carried the trash, price-tagged, help the customers and did the marketing and accounting-a very hands on entrepreneur. The leap of faith in Jimmy had consciously chosen an attitude of courage. Courage gives him the ability to control fear when facing danger or threatening situations or pain. Courage is the inner strength, mental perseverance and the inherent capacity for rising to a challenge with a steadfast purpose. Courage is developing the self-confidence to act.
- In a nutshell, Courage is Faith in Action!
- Today, after several rebranding exercises, EpiCentre is a regional retail brand with 15 stores in Singapore, Malaysia and China with a very healthy growth-from the first year sales of S$7 million through a single store to its current highest-ever half-year results of S$120 million sales in 2011. Jimmy is responsible for setting the strategic direction, tracking the financial and profitability growth of EpiCentre Group of Companies, as well as managing the overseas business growth and expansion plans, and overseeing all developments of new and innovative products and services.
- As the leader of the company, I assembled an Enriching, Passionate and Inspiring Management Team to professionally run the business with good corporate governance and set a benchmark in the Retail Trade, Computers, Telecommunications and Office Equipment Industry. Perpetuating the mantra, ”Success is a Mindset” amongst its stakeholders, history is already in the making for EpiCentre to be a World Class digital lifestyle brand in Asia. EpiCentre recognized that the brand is a valuable asset of a company and the best brand evangelists are my people. We developed the following core values acronym ”LOVE” to instill a corporate culture for performing spirited acts of loving kindness:-
– We, as a TEAM continuously improve our competency for greater fulfilment.
– We pridefully act with accountability and speed.
– We enthusiastically work toward innovative solutions.
– We consistently act with integrity and fairness.
We are committed to Enrich the customers’ digital lifestyles with World Class Experience, Innovative Value and Awesomely Great (EPIC) Hospitality.
Be a World Class Digital Lifestyle Brand in Asia.
Learning – We, as a TEAM continuously improve our competency for greater fulfillment.
Ownership – We pridefully act with accountability and speed.
Vibrancy – We enthusiastically work toward innovative solutions.
Ethics – We consistently act with integrity and fairness.